Friday, February 8, 2013

Update...Bentley went up a tree today!

I took Bentley outside in our yard today to play with his little feline friend Hannah. Bentley kept watching Hannah climbing up trees. All of a sudden he started to walk around a tree whining as if he was going to tell us something and then before we knew it, he took a running start and up the tree he went with no problem! I was in disbelieve!!! He went up about 5 feet!!! I got so worried that I picked him off the tree to help him down. I thought for sure that he must had pulled something....but "No" he was fine and so proud of himself. Don't forget that Bentley is a huge cat weighing 20lbs. That is a lot of weight to pull up a tree but he did it with ease.
  
 I think that after today's event it is safe to say now, that Bentley has fully recovered from his FHO surgery's on both sides. Next month will be the year marker since he had the first FHO on the (R) side and in June it will be a year since he had the FHO on the (L) side.   

Good luck to all of you with your little patients...have faith and patience they will get better.

XXXX
Bentley's Mommy 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Bentley's Mom!

    My 6 month old kitten had her FHO surgery nearly four weeks ago. Her joint was fractured before we adopted her but she was able to do just about everything a normal kitty can except jump up.

    I've noticed a protrusion in her hip area on her right side which is also her surgery side. I thought it was her hip since her hair is still growing back, but her left side doesn't protrude like this. It seems to bother me more than it bothers her.

    I wanted to ask if you noticed anything like this with Bentley after his surgery. There's so little information online for cats and FHO surgery. I'm thankful to have found your blog before and after my kitty's surgery. I'm going to contact the vet

    I wish you and Bentley all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Violet

      I don't recall noticing a protrusion on Bentley's surgery sides however, he did have swelling around the incision that went down with time. I think it's a good idea to contact your Vet! It's always better to be safe than sorry.

      Bentley and I wish your little kitten all the best for a speedy recovery:)

      Have a blessed Easter!

      Delete